Sunday 5 November 2017

Decades Special: The 80s // Weekly Playlist Update


It's time for 80s week of the Weekly Playlist Update Decades Special! So, get your Flock of Seagulls hairstyle and throw on your ruffled shirt and let's party like it's the 80s!

I'd like to say I'm a big fan of 80s music, with Depeche Mode being one of my all time favourite bands. They definitely don't make music like this anymore, so let's get into the classic hits I've picked for this week!

TRACK 1: Tainted Love / Soft Cell (1981)
A classic hit of the 80s that we have most likely danced to at a party when the DJ plays it, because what is a party without Tainted Love? Throw it on and dance like no-one is watching!


TRACK 2: But Not Tonight / Depeche Mode (1986)
I'll be honest, my favourite song of all time is Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode but this track is a very close second (and it was released in the 80s, unlike Enjoy The Silence..). While it may not be a classic, as far as I'm aware, it's still a fantastic track that I highly recommend!


TRACK 3: Mr. Blue / Yazoo (1983)
I wish I could say I've listened to Yazoo a lot but unfortunately, I know only a handfull of songs - Mr. Blue being one of them and easily my favourite. The chorus is what made me fall in love with the song, although I couldn't tell you exactly why other than maybe one or two of the lines I could relate to.



Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment