Monday 4 September 2017

#4: Death Note // Grape Move Marathon.





Light Turner, a bright student, stumbles across a mystical notebook that has the power to kill any person whose name he writes in it.
I went into this knowing that it didn't go down well, with both Death Note fans and those who haven't seen anything. I gave it a chance, expecting that maybe despite all the dislike I'd probably like it anyway but unfortunately, I have to agree with everyone else. 

Trying to place exactly what I dislike about it is hard because it is essentially a boring, unforgettable movie that I stopped paying attention to halfway through. The story line felt slow, and I feel it didn't match up with the live action movies which I highly recommend. 

L's clothing change and wearing a mask isn't something that had featured in the anime or live action movies, which is something I didn't like. I feel as if L should have remained the same looks wise but thankfully, they did keep some of his characteristics such as crouching rather than sitting and preference of sweet foods. 

I did try, I had high hopes when I heard it was being made but it's hard to continue to watch something that's not giving you anything worth watching. As said previously, it's a boring and unforgettable take on the Death Note and if you're playing on watching it, I recommend you throw on the live action Japanese Death Note movies instead which are a lot better.

I rate this 1 out of 5 grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment