Tuesday 2 January 2018

I don't wanna be alone on New Years Eve


In case you weren't aware, we've entered a New Year. Something that most people around the world celebrate, sending the old year off and bringing in the new year with a bang. Unlike me, who was fast asleep until the fireworks started.

Having plans for New Years was something that I always wanted to have, because everyone else was doing something and it's a reason to celebrate, I didn't want to be left out. As I've gotten older though, I've realised that it isn't the worst thing in the world to have a nice night in with those close to you to celebrate the New Year. Even if you just want to sleep through it, that's totally fine as well. Who wants to start the New Year feeling rough anyway?

I've also realised that the New Year isn't an excuse to start doing something you want to do, even though I have been terrible for thinking the New Year is the chance to do something I've been putting off, that it's going to be my year, etc. If you want something enough then you should go for it and make it happen regardless of what time of the year it is. Every year is your year if you make it so.

So, with those things in mind, I'm going to make sure that I celebrate the future New Years the way that appeals to me the most. Whether that's drinking with friends or snuggling up with a good movie and most importantly, I'm going to remember I don't need to want for anytime of year to go after what I want - something that I'm really trying to drill into my head because it's the number one thing holding me back.. hopefully it won't be for much longer.

See you next time! 

      




No comments:

Post a Comment